National Library of Australia

Teleconference 24 August 2012

Present: Kevin Marsh (ALIA/JSC Rep), Ebe Kartus (ALIA), Deirdre Kiorgaard (NLA), Catherine Argus (NLA/Chair), Robert Walls (NLA), David Wells (ALIA)

Rebecca Gibbs (Minutes)

Apologies: Anne Robertson (EPC Representative),

Start time: 11:02 am (EST)

Welcome and apologies

Apologies from Anne

Minutes of previous meeting and business arising

Minutes were accepted pending addition of action item relating to 6JSC/ALA/9.

Outstanding actions from previous meeting: 

Contact music specialists for comment on ALA/12-ALA/14. 

Catherine received advice from NLA digital preservation staff in relation to 6JSC/ALA/16. 

Kevin and Deirdre researched standards for technical terms bits and bytes in relation to ACOC proposal 6JSC/ACOC/6.

ACOC Draft Responses to JSC Proposals

ACOC supports the following draft responses

6JSC/ALA/11
6JSC/ALA/13
6JSC/BL/2
6JSC/BL/7
6JSC/BL/8
6JSC/LC/14 – 6JSC/LC/17
6JSC/LC/19 – 6JSC/LC/22

ACOC supports the following draft responses pending minor amendments

6JSC/ALA/9
6JSC/ALA/10
6JSC/LC/12
6JSC/LC/13
6/JSC/LC/18

JSC Proposals

6JSC/LC/11

Rob to draft generic response supporting proposal

6JSC/ALA/17 – Discussion paper

ACOC supports the theory of the paper.  However it was agreed that the issues raised represent too big a change to RDA to be considered at present.  David to post his comments to the wiki and Kevin to prepare draft response.

Update on RDA Training

Catherine advised that upward of 70 expressions of interest were received for the Train the Trainer courses.  This is more than was anticipated and is above the capacity of the current three courses on offer.  Decisions on how to proceed have not yet been decided.

Next Teleconference

Teleconferences are scheduled for 4th and 11th September. Additional meeting for week beginning 17 September to be scheduled

Meeting closed 12:40pm.

Meetings