The Australian Newspaper Plan is an ambitious, ongoing program designed to collect and preserve every newspaper published in Australia, guaranteeing public access to these important historical records.
Do you know the whereabouts of a missing newspaper?
The National Library invites contributions to Digitised newspapers on Trove:
The overall aim of the ANPlan collaboration is to preserve all Australian newspapers and to give the public access to them.
ANPlan lets you access our newspaper heritage.
Search Australian digital content in Trove.
The Australian Newspaper Plan is a cooperative initiative of National and State Libraries Australasia involving:
- National Library of Australia
- Northern Territory Library
- State Library of New South Wales
- State Library of Queensland
- State Library of South Australia
- LINC Tasmania
- State Library of Victoria
- State Library of Western Australia
- Australian Capital Territory Heritage Library
The National Library of New Zealand is a full member of the Australian Newspaper Plan with observer status.
Have a look at what was making news on this day by viewing digitised historic Australian newspapers.