Use our spaces for your special event
Venue hire at the National Library
2 September 2015
It’s easy to be impressed by the marble-ensconced, heritage-listed Foyer of the Library, but did you know you can hire it for a function?
The National Library is committed to supporting community access to selected venues in the building by making them available for hire.
There are nine different spaces in the Library you can hire for a variety of events. We regularly hire our venues for seminars, training days, guest talks, cocktail functions and film screenings.
So what’s the first step?
Take a look at the spaces available for use.
- the type of event
- your preferred date, with another option
- starting and finishing times
- setup and pack down times
- how many people will be attending the event (approximately)
- your full details, including email address and phone number.
We’ll contact you to talk about your event, including costs.
After working with venue hire clients and events for some time, here are our tips for making a great event:
- Book as early as possible in order to secure your preferred venue and date.
- Create a run sheet (or timeline) for how your event will progress—this is one of the best tools.
- Your run sheet will help you list what equipment you might need and will help you with your setup sheet.
- If possible, make an appointment to come and view the venue.
- As wonderful as our venues are, your content is even more important. Make sure your speakers are well briefed. They need to know how long to speak, who they are speaking to and what you hope they will speak about. Engaging images and videos can lift a presentation but do allow time to test your presentations on the venue’s systems.
- Talk to the venue hire team and try not to leave these conversations to the last minute. We know our venues and equipment so we can often make great recommendations and solve problems for you.