Each year, a three day intensive preservation and collection management training workshop is held in Canberra for first time Community Heritage Grant (CHG) grant recipients. Presentations from CHG partner organisations (National Library of Australia, National Archives of Australia, National Museum of Australia and National Film and Sound Archive) and other presenters at the workshop are included as links in this section for all attendees and other CHG grant recipients to access.
CHG Preservation and Collection Management Training Workshop, 28-30 October 2014
Tuesday 28 October 2014 presentations
All presentation slides hosted on Slideshare.
- Tania Cleary (Tania Cleary Museum Services) Significance Assessment process
- Tamara Lavrencic (Museums and Galleries NSW) Preservation Needs Assessment process
- Linda Emery (Berrima District Historical & Family History) CHG recipient case study.
Preservation basics panel
- Vicki Humphrey (National Museum of Australia)Causes of deterioration and risk assessment
- Denyl Cloughley (National Library of Australia) Display and preservation
- Ian Batterham (National Archives of Australia) Storage and handling
- Mick Newnham (National Film and Sound Archives) Obsolete audiovisual formats.
- Veronica Bullock (Significance International) Assessing significance
- Kim Morris (Director, Art and Archival Pty Ltd) Disaster preparedness
- Catriona Bryce and Mark Raadgever (Trove Support Leaders, NLA) Trove: sharing your collections with Australia and the world.
Wednesday 29 October 2014 workshop sessions
National Archives of Australia
- Peter Shaw (Review Manager, Collection Operations) Managing collections for small archives
- Ian Batterham (Assistant Director, Preservation) Introduction to preservation at the NAA.
National Museum of Australia
- Louise Palmer (Documentation Registrar, Registration) Introduction to good documentation practices.
National Library of Australia
- Daniel Wilksch (Coordinator Digital Projects, Public Record Office Victoria) Digitisation: Just Digitise It!
Thursday 30 October 2014 presentations
- Sally Hopman (Media Liaison Manager, NLA) Publicity and media: basic media skills
- Matthew Stuckings (Social Media, NLA) Publicity and media: social media for grant / project promotion
- Mary-Louise Weight (CHG Coordinator, NLA) Completing your CHG project.