2014 Community Heritage Grants Preservation and Collection Management Training Workshop, 28-30 October 2014
*All presentation slides hosted on Slideshare.
Tuesday 28 October 2014 presentations
- Tania Cleary (Tania Cleary Museum Services) Significance Assessment process
- Tamara Lavrencic (Museums and Galleries NSW) Preservation Needs Assessment process
- Linda Emery (Berrima District Historical & Family History) CHG recipient case study.
Preservation Basics Panel
- Vicki Humphrey (National Museum of Australia) Causes of deterioration and risk assessment
- Denyl Cloughley (National Library of Australia) Display and preservation
- Ian Batterham (National Archives of Australia) Storage and handling
- Mick Newnham (National Film and Sound Archives) Obsolete audiovisual formats.
- Veronica Bullock (Significance International) Assessing significance
- Kim Morris (Director, Art and Archival Pty Ltd) Disaster preparedness
- Catriona Bryce and Mark Raadgever (Trove Support Leaders, NLA) Trove: sharing your collections with Australia and the world.
Wednesday 29 October 2014 workshop sessions
National Archives of Australia
- Peter Shaw (Review Manager, Collection Operations) Managing collections for small archives
- Ian Batterham (Assistant Director, Preservation) Introduction to preservation at the NAA.
National Museum of Australia
- Louise Palmer (Documentation Registrar, Registration) Introduction to good documentation practices.
National Library of Australia
- Daniel Wilksch (Coordinator Digital Projects, Public Record Office Victoria) Digitisation: Just Digitise It!
Thursday 30 October 2014 presentations
- Matthew Stuckings (Social Media, NLA) Publicity and media: basic media skills and social media for grant / project promotion
- Mary-Louise Weight (CHG Coordinator, NLA) Completing your CHG project.