Please be advised that apply CiP and enquiry online system will not be available from 4pm–8pm on Tuesday 28th May, due to the system will be upgraded during that time. Publishers will not be able to lodge any CiP applications and enquiries via CiP website online forms until 9pm Tuesday 28th May.
Cataloguing-in-Publication (CiP) is a free service offered to publishers by the National Library of Australia to provide a catalogue record for publications which have not yet been published.
Please note the following before you apply for a CiP entry:
- A valid Australian ISBN is required before proceeding with this form
- Allow 10 working days for your application to be processed
- Attachments may be included at the end of the application form (e.g. title page, contents page, publisher blurb or preface). The complete work is not required
Online - via an enquiry form :
- Enquire about an existing CiP application or entry, including amendments and cancellations
- Make a general enquiry about the CiP program
(A message may be left on our answering machine outside these hours.)
Fax: 02 6273 4492
Cataloguing in Publication Unit
National Library of Australia
Canberra ACT 2600
CiP User Guide
The Cataloguing in Publication (CiP) program covers new and revised editions of works published in Australia.
To be eligible for the program, publications should be:
- published in Australia;
- relevant to a wide audience with substantial textual information content;
- likely to be acquired and made available by Australian libraries.
- Is there a legal requirement to include a CiP record in a book?
- How long will the CiP process take?
- Is CiP related to copyright ?