Sunday, 1 June, 2008
Presented at the Deutsche Bibliothekartag, Mannheim, Germany, June 2008.
Resource Description and Access (RDA) is a new standard for description and access. It will replace the Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules (AACR) in 2009.
The presentation covers:
- The change from AACR to RDA, and our goals for RDA
- The principles and models which guide RDA’s development
- The structure of the RDA standard, and how RDA relates to some other standards
- How it will be used in the web environment
- An overview of the group who is developing RDA and the timeline for RDA’s development.