The themes, Iconic Brands and Early Ads and Cup of Tea? have been developed with specific reference to content descriptions for Year 10 students in the Australian Curriculum: English – Language ‘Text structure and organisation’ and Literacy ‘Texts in context’.
- Understand how paragraphs and images can be arranged for different purposes, audiences, perspectives and stylistic effects (ACELA1567)
- Analyse and evaluate how people, cultures, places, events, objects and concepts are represented in texts, including media texts, through language, structural and/or visual choices (ACELY1749)
The theme, Selling Modernity, has been developed with specific reference to content descriptions for Year 10 students in the Australian Curriculum: History – ‘The modern world and Australia’.
- Developments in technology, public health, longevity and standard of living during the twentieth century, and concern for the environment and sustainability (ACOKFH024)
The theme, Art in Advertising, has been developed with specific reference to content descriptions for Year 9 and 10 students in the Australian Curriculum: Visual Arts
- Evaluate how representations communicate artistic intentions in artworks they make and view to inform their future art making (ACAVAR130)
- Analyse a range of visual artworks from contemporary and past times to explore differing viewpoints and enrich their visual art-making, starting with Australian artworks, including those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and consider international artworks (ACAVAR131)
The resource also has relevance to the General Capabilities of Literacy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Intercultural Understanding, and Personal and Social Capability.