The National Library has a large range of Indigenous resources, many of which can be found on our online catalogue. Try searching with the words "aborigines australian" or "aboriginal australians" (include the quotation marks). You could also try the following resources:
- The Indigenous Portal, a window to resources, contacts, information, and government programs and services for Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders.
- Aboriginal Studies WWW Virtual Library is an Internet guide to online aboriginal studies websites.
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) - the world's premier institution for information and research about the cultures and lifestyles of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- eResources: Aboriginal Australia - find a large number of indexes, databases, and important websites about Indigenous Australia.
- The research guide Australian Indigenous language collections can assist in identifying specific language group material held in the Library's manuscript collection.
An excellent basic print reference on Aboriginal Studies is The Encyclopaedia of Aboriginal Australia. This is also available as a CD-ROM. You could also try Archaeology of the dreamtime : the story of prehistoric Australia and its people.
If you are unable to visit the Library, Trove can help you find and get items at libraries near you.