To be eligible for a standard library card you must live in Australia and supply an Australian residential address.
A library card allows you to:
- Request collection items for use onsite in our reading rooms
- Access a select range of licensed electronic resources from offsite
You don't need a library card to:
- We are a reference library - you can use collection items in our reading rooms but not take material home
- Cards are valid for two years but can be renewed
- International visitors may apply for a temporary onsite library card when visiting the National Library in person