Transcript - What can I get online
- Use the Library’s catalogue to find what you need and see if it is available online.
- If an item is online, you will see a link in the catalogue record next to ‘Online Access’.
- Some online resources can be accessed from outside the Library but you’ll need to get a library card.
- Access eResources directly from the Library homepage. You can browse indexes, full-text ejournals, websites and guides available online.
- Login to eResources using your library card to access subscription services.
- There is an online video on the eResources homepage that explains how the site works.
- Trove is a free search service created by the National Library of Australia, which lets you check to see if an item you want is at a library near you.
- Trove is also good for finding online material, such as pictures, maps, archived websites, digitised Australian newspapers (1803 – 1954) and the Australian Women’s Weekly Archive.
- Learn more about Trove by visiting the website.
- Another option is to request an item be delivered to your local library. Your local library will be able to tell you about this service, called interlibrary loan, including how much it costs.
- If you have an enquiry about any of these services you can Ask a Librarian for help via email or phone.