National Library Of Australia | FAQs


Find recent, topical or questions of interest here.

Our FAQ information is continually expanding. It contains answers written by librarians in response to questions already asked. Type your keyword into the box and click on “Go”.

Can't find the answer? Submit your enquiry online.

Where can I find information on child and youth rights?

The National Children's and Youth Law Centre's website Lawstuff provides advice and information to children and young people, their parents and advocates and the wider community, about young people's legal rights and responsibilities.

The Australian Human Rights Commission provide information on children's rights both in Australia and overseas.

Youth Central is the Victorian Government's web-based initiative for young people aged 12-25 and includes a section on Know Your Rights.

The Legal Information Access Centre is a free legal information service for all members of the community in NSW. The website includes information for children and young people.

There are also several electronic resources which would enable you to locate references to journal articles, book chapters and conference proceedings, some in full text. You might also find these resources at your local library:

FAMILY : Australian Family & Society Abstracts Database

Australian Public Affairs Full Text (APAFT)

Academic Search Premier

Find this topic in E-Resources.

Last update: 2015-07-27 14:12
Author: General Reference Enquiry