National Library Of Australia | FAQs


Find recent, topical or questions of interest here.

Our FAQ information is continually expanding. It contains answers written by librarians in response to questions already asked. Type your keyword into the box and click on “Go”.

Can't find the answer? Submit your enquiry online.

How do we get performance rights for a play?

Generally, you need the copyright owners permission to perform copyright material. Use the Australian Copyright Council's Find an Answer web page to search for their information sheet, Music - Concerts, Musicals & Plays (G064). It includes information on the length of copyright and how to get in contact with a copyright owner. You may also be eligible to access the Council's free Legal Advice Service.

Find this topic in E-Resources.

Last update: 2015-07-30 11:40
Author: General Reference Enquiry