Index to journal articles 雑誌記事索引
Reading full text articles online is not fully a 'norm' in Japan yet. Fnding details of articles in article indexes is the first step. Requesting articles from the libraries the articles are held would be the next step. Useful article indexes are listed below.
- 皓星社 雑誌記事索引集成データベース = The Complete Detabase for Japanese Magazines and Periodicals from the Meiji Era to the Present --- Unique journal index covers early journal articles from Meiji era (1868-) as well as the current ones. It shows search results in chronological chart so it could be useful to know historical research trends.
- CiNii Articles / from National Institute of Informatics, Japan -- limited full-text contents available.
- 学術研究データベースレポジトリー Academic Research Database Repository
Full-text Newspapers, Journals 全文がオンラインで読める新聞、雑誌
- 朝日新聞聞蔵ll ビジュアル = 朝日新聞記事データベース --- Newspaper full-text database of Asahi Shinbun (1879-), as well as magazines, '週刊朝日' 'Aera', 'Asahi Graph'.. ( subscribed ; remote access for registered users)
- 「ヨミダス歴史館 」: 読売新聞記事データベース ( available only within the library building) --- Newspaper full-text database of Yomiuri Shinbun (1874-) and Daily Yomiuri (1989-)
- Aera アエラ = Japanese general weekly magazine （Part of 'Asahi Shinbun Kikuzo ll Visual')
- J-Stage --- Developed by Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). A platform that publishes digitized scholarly journals in the field of Japan's science and technology research ; it also includes more than 300 titles of journals in Humanities & Social studies.
Asia Studies Full-Text Online = thousands of full-text reports covering 55 countries in Asia, Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands and the American Pacific Rim.
- Factiva = global news and business information as well as full text coverage of major Australian and international newspapers and journals
- Academic Search Complete = an academic collection of full text peer-reviewed journals. It contains over 9,000 journals in full text, with more than 7,900 being peer reviewed.
- Project Muse = over 400 high quality humanities, arts, and social sciences journals from 100 scholarly publishers. It provides access to the complete content of every issue - including all charts, graphics and images. Coverage includes and up to 10 years of backfiles for selected titles are available.
JSTOR = Archive of scholarly material in the social sciences and humanities and the sciences. It includes the archives of over 1,000 journals, monographs, newspapers and selected conference proceedings. Journals are available from volume 1, issue 1, although the most recently published journal issues are not available.
Gale NewsVault = Allows cross-searching of the Gale range of historical newspaper collections. the Times Digital Archive, the Sunday Times Digital Archive, the 17th and 18th Century Burney Collection, the Financial Times Historical Archive, the 19th Century British Newspapers (Parts I - IV), the 19th Century UK Periodicals Series I New Readerships and Series II Empire, the Illustrated London News Historical Archive, the Economist Historical Archive and Punch Historical Archive.
Times digital archive, 1785-2008 = The entire newspaper is captured, with all articles, advertisements and illustrations/photos.
- Sunday Times digital archive, 1822-2006 = Completely separate from the Times of London, the Sunday times is known for their investigative journalism, providing commentary and analysis of the week's news.
- Asahi Shimbun Asia & Japan Watch (AWJ)
- Chatham House online archive. Parts 1 and 2, 1920-2008 = Contains nearly 90 years of research, expert analysis and commentary, subject indexed briefing papers, special reports, pamphlets, conference papers and monographs from the archives of the Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House)
- The Daily Yomiuri (through the resource titled, Yomidasu)
Other full-text databases 全文がオンラインで読める一般データベース
- 青空文庫 --- Japanese e-book platform for titles with copyrights cleared (14,000 titles in various subjects as of May 2014)
- 国会会議録検索システム = Full-text database for the minutes of the Diet / from the National Diet Library
- アジア歴史資料センター 国立公文書館 Japan Center for Asian Historical Records / National Archives of Japan
- 近代デジタルライブラリー = Digital Library from the Meiji era / from the National Diet Library
- 国文学研究史料館 ＝National Institute of Japanese Literature 電子史料館データベース
Reference tools 参考資料
Reference Portals 参考資料のポータル
- リサーチ・ナビ = Research Navi / from National Diet Library of Japan --- Major tools and publications on various subjects listed.
- Weblio 英和和英翻訳ポータル
- Kotobank --- search through 119 titles, 1.5 million entries of Japanese reference sources.
- 日本辞典 にほんじてん Japan Dictionary
- Japan Knowledge NRK = ジャパンナレッジ NRK (JK)* --- A package of well-trusted reference sources such as dictionaries in various subject areas on Japan, encyclopedias, classic literature collections and some journals , avaialbe in full text.
- 皇室用語集 /宮内庁
Japanese language / character dictionaries for learners (学習者むけ）日本語の辞典・漢字字典
- Smart Kanji.net
- Denshi Jisho
- Kanji network
- Jim Breen's WWWJDIC --- Online Japanese dictionary service
- 英辞郎 on the web
Japanese language / character dictionaries for advanced （上級むけ）日本語の辞典・漢字字典
Japanese calendar 日本の暦とは？ どうやって西暦と換算する？
General book title searches 日本で出版されている図書資料を連想検索する
- Webcat Plus --- Associative search feature (連想検索） is unique feature. Database holds bibliographic information on books publishd in Edo (1600 -) onwards.
Statistics, Facts and Figures 日本の統計
- Historical Statistics of Japan
- 国勢調査 National Census
- Japan : country studies / Library of Congress
icon means that National Library of Australia subscribes to that resource. If there is no extra note, registered users of the Library can access to it remotely from the link.
*(JK) at the end of a title means it is included in the packaged resource called, 'Japan Knowledge'. Please open 'Japan Knowledge' in the hyperlink to use the title.