The Korean Acquisitions List contains, in both romanised data and Korean scripts, basic bibliographic details of books, serials and electronic resources in the Korean language recently acquired by the National Library. A new list is compiled every month.
Most of the materials have been fully catalogued onto the Australian National Bibliographic Database searchable through Libraries Australia. All materials listed are available for use, and can be searched on the Library's online catalogue.
- National Assembly Library, Korea (English available on the website)
- National Library of Korea (English, Japanese available on the website)
- Korea Foundation, Korea
- Korea History Compilation Committee
- The Academy of Korean Studies (English available on the website)
- Panmun Book Company, Korea
- Korea Publications Export & Import Corporation, North Korea
Materials in the Korean Collection may be consulted in the Asian Collections Reading Room or the Petherick Reading Room after hours. Remote users may request material on interlibrary loan, or request photocopies of the materials through the Copies Direct service. Requests to borrow material from the collection should be made through the interlibrary loan service in your library. Interlibrary loan requests should include full bibliographic details of the items plus the National Library call number.
Enquiries about the use of the National Library's Korean collections should be directed to:
Ms Jung-ok Park
Librarian, Korean Unit
National Library of Australia
Canberra ACT 2600 Australia
Telephone: +61 2 6262 1632
Facsimile: +61 2 6273 4327