MARC 21 Concise Bibliographic: Added Entry Fields (70X-75X)
Fields 700-75X contain a name and/or title or a term that provides access to a bibliographic record that is not provided through main entry (1XX), subject access (6XX), series statement (4XX), series added entry (8XX), or title (20X-24X) fields. The roman numeral and the word Title: that precede an added entry field in some displays are not carried in the MARC record. They may be generated based on the field tag.
A name portion containing open-ended date ends with a space when it is followed by other data in the same subfield; it does not end with a space when it is followed by another subfield.
- 700 - ADDED ENTRY--PERSONAL NAME (R)
- 710 - ADDED ENTRY--CORPORATE NAME (R)
- 711 - ADDED ENTRY--MEETING NAME (R)
- 720 - ADDED ENTRY--UNCONTROLLED NAME (R)
- 730 - ADDED ENTRY--UNIFORM TITLE (R)
- 740 - ADDED ENTRY--UNCONTROLLED RELATED/ANALYTICAL TITLE (R)
- 752 - ADDED ENTRY--HIERARCHICAL PLACE NAME (R)
- 753 - SYSTEM DETAILS ACCESS TO COMPUTER FILES (R)
- 754 - ADDED ENTRY--TAXONOMIC IDENTIFICATION (R)
Information for Translators and Other Users
Items highlighted in red indicate changes made after the 2003 edition of the MARC 21 Concise Formats was published and are included in the 2004 printed edition of the MARC 21 Concise Formats.