MARC 21 Concise Bibliographic: Control Fields (001-006)
Fields 001-006 contain control numbers and other control and coded information that are used in processing MARC bibliographic records. Each control field is identified by a field tag in the Directory and contains either a single data element or a series of fixed-length data elements identified by relative character position. Variable control fields contain neither indicator positions nor subfield codes.
- 001 - CONTROL NUMBER (NR)
- 003 - CONTROL NUMBER IDENTIFIER (NR)
- 005 - DATE AND TIME OF LATEST TRANSACTION (NR)
- 006 - FIXED-LENGTH DATA ELEMENTS--ADDITIONAL MATERIAL CHARACTERISTICS--GENERAL INFORMATION (R)
- 006--COMPUTER FILES/ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
- 006--MIXED MATERIALS
- 006--CONTINUING RESOURCES
- 006--VISUAL MATERIALS
Information for Translators and Other Users
Items highlighted in red indicate changes made after the 2003 edition of the MARC 21 Concise Formats was published and are included in the 2004 printed edition of the MARC 21 Concise Formats.