On Monday 15 October Libraries Australia will be releasing a new version of the Libraries Australia cataloguing system. This upgrade will require downtime of Libraries Australia cataloguing via the WinIBW cataloguing client and WebCat. The cataloguing system will be unavailable from 5 pm (AEST) Friday 12 October. Searching in Libraries Australia Search and Libraries Australia Document Delivery will operate as usual. Following the upgrade services will return to normal on Monday 15 October. As this is a major upgrade there is a possibility that the cataloguing system may not be available until later in the afternoon.
This update of Libraries Australia cataloguing will require no action on your part.
The major features of CBS 6.0 are:
- About 200 bug fixes and minor enhancements
- Support for version 2 of the CBS Job Manager that will be used by NBD staff to more efficiently manage data loading and maintenance jobs
- Improvements to the transliteration functionality
- Row-level locking activation which will reduce the risks for database deadlocks
- Support for the implementation of 856$x in WebCat (Searchable resource flag for Trove); this flag can be included in records such as finding aids to flag that Trove should index the full resource
- A number of improvements to match/merge of personal name authority records
- Capacity to support the transmission of records from OCLC WorldCat to Libraries Australia via SRU Update. Currently, with the exception of OCNs data flow is one-way to WorldCat. This enhancement will provide more flexible workflows for libraries that may want to do their cataloguing on WorldCat rather than LA. It will also allow us to receive enhanced records or data elements to improve the quality of the ANBD, for example we will be able to receive ToC data from OCLC to enhance NBD records
- Capacity for the transmission of bibliographic record updates to WorldCat
- SRU Update changes to support receipt of detailed holdings statements and holdings transactions that are independent of bibliographic record transactions. This will be relevant when Libraries Australia members send transactions to the ANBD from local systems via SRU Update
- Enhanced WorldCat synchronisation consistency checks
We apologise for the inconvenience, and will keep you advised of the status of the upgrade.
Manager, Libraries Australia Product Development | National Library of Australia | Parkes ACT 2600
T (02) 6262 1328 | F (02) 6273 1180 | E firstname.lastname@example.org | W http://www.nla.gov.au/librariesaustralia