Libraries Australia Administration (or ‘LA Admin’) is the system that manages access to other Libraries Australia services. It enables libraries to customise their use of Libraries Australia, whether allowing users to do cataloguing, provide enhanced requesting, restrict users to certain functions or amend user profiles.
Members can access LA Administration 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by logging in from the top right-hand corner of any of these web pages.
LA Administration allows you to:
- check their organisational details,
- create sub-organisations and user logins with particular permissions,
- access comprehensive reports for all cataloguing and search activity,
- check details of previous invoices and any pending charges,
- request products and collect product files, and
- check and manage files of records imported to the ANBD via the Record Import Service (RIS).
Members can use their existing search or cataloguing logins to view their details in the Administration system.
3 types of user accounts exist:
- Shared Users,
- Individual (or ‘personal’) Users, and
- Customer Administrator Users.
Customer Administrator access
Customer Administrators can edit the organisation’s record, see the users for their organisation, and create and edit user accounts. Please contact the Help Desk to enable Customer Administrator access on your account. Please inform us of the account (i.e. username) you want this permission added to. You will need Customer Administration enabled on your account if you want to use RIS, RES or order Products.
For detailed information on the LA Admin. system including using RIS, RES and ordering products see the Administration Manual.