The second stage of the release of the new Libraries Australia Search has been implemented and this is now operational. This stage of the release included the production release of:
* the new LA Search user Interface
* an update to the LA Administration service; and
* an update to the Record Export Service (RES)
As well, the following remaining Z39.50 ports have been moved to the new database:
* z39.50.librariesaustralia.nla.gov.au:210 (Unicode standard output)
There are a few issues that we are still working to resolve, including:
* The Add Record and Edit Holdings functionality is working, however the formatting in the header and footer of the screens is not displaying correctly
* Access to the external database CISTI is not working
* When viewing a saved record the system adds a query to the Search History
We will let you know when these have been resolved; however please let us know if you experience any other issues. This can be done through the Libraries Australia Help Desk on 1800 026 155 or http://www.nla.gov.au/librariesaustralia/contact/.
Stage 3 release
The third stage of the release will be the production release of an update to Libraries Australia Products. Libraries Australia Products will be unavailable on Thursday, 17 July from between 8AM – 11AM (AEST) to implement this release. During this time members won’t be able to access the Products request form.
There may also be a minor variation to the timing of the running of products around this time to accommodate the release.
The updated Search User Manual<http://www.nla.gov.au/librariesaustralia/training-support/manuals-guides/>
is now available on the website.
Please read the following documentation about using the new Search Service:
* Getting the most out of your new Search
* What is different in the new Search Service
* What is different in the new Search Service (full list)<http://www.nla.gov.au/librariesaustralia/services/search/>
We value your feedback and a feedback form is available from each page of the LA Search interface until 30 September 2014. If you have any comments or feedback about the new Service, please use these forms.
If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk on 1800 026 155 or http://www.nla.gov.au/librariesaustralia/contact/ .
We apologise for any inconvenience during these final stages of the implementation.
Manager, Libraries Australia Member Services | Resource Sharing Division | National Library of Australia
P: (02) 6262 1549 | F: (02) 6273 1180 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>