To search this FAQ, press ctrl + f and type in a search term. (or cmd + f in Safari)
- What does LA Admin. do?
- How do I sign up for LA Admin?
- What do I do if I forget my password?
- How can I change my password?
- How do I change my user settings?
- Can I change or amend my user preferences?
- What are Products?
- How do I read the RES test files?
Libraries Australia Administration enables libraries to customise their use of Libraries Australia, whether it is enabling users to do cataloguing, provide enhanced requesting, restrict users to certain functions, add users if functions change and amend user profiles.
When you subscribe to Libraries Australia you are issued with a password to access Libraries Australia, this also allows you access to the Administration module.
Note: You can change your password if necessary.
All you need to do is contact the Libraries Australia Help Desk.
Follow these steps to change your password:
- Go to Libraries Australia Administration: http://librariesaustralia.nla.gov.au/apps/laadmin
- Log on with your User ID and Password (Note: your password is case sensitive)
- You will be taken to the User Account Details Page
- Click on the button
- Enter in your new password (Note: your new password must be a minimum of six characters with at least one non-alpha character and no spaces)
- You will get a message that your password has been changed successfully
You can find information on how to edit your user settings in the Administration Manual.
Yes. Choose "Users" on the left hand menu for your organisation and then click on the link to the user in the list you wish to amend. Click . This will then take you to the screen where you can edit what services they have access to, along with any other information necessary.
Then click .
Products include MARC records which have your holdings attached, authority records, MARC records for electronic collection or microform sets and text files containing lists of titles. Records can also be supplied in delimited format on request to allow for importing and manipulation in applications such as Microsoft Excel. Products can be run as a once off order or as a regular extraction on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis. Some simple products can be run automatically and will be available for collection the same day whereas others will need to be run by Libraries Australia staff.
You can find out more about the types of products available on our Products page
The export files are given the ".kin" extension as a unique identifier to distinguish them from any other files you may have already saved on your computer. As such, Windows will not have associated any program at all with them. Because they aren't associated with a program, double clicking on the files will not open any relevant program to read them.
To view these files you need a MARC reader. Using whatever software you normally use to view MARC records, open the various "*.kin" files. You can find out more about the MARC standard library format here: http://www.loc.gov/marc/.
There are various MARC readers and tools available here: http://www.loc.gov/marc/marctools.html