As you may be aware, Infotrieve’s office in Australia will shortly be closing as part of a consolidation of Infotrieve’s document delivery operations. There will be no interruption to service for those Libraries Australia members who request items from Infotrieve via LADD.
All requests to Infotrieve will continue to be included in your LADD transaction reports and invoiced via the LADD Payments Service in Australian dollars.
Libraries Australia members who request items from Infotrieve via LADD can
continue to request from Infotrieve as normal. There are currently 3 options
when requesting from Infotrieve via LADD:
- Copy and Paste Citation in the blank request form.
- Use bib details resulting from hits on searches in other targets.
- Use bib details resulting from hits on the Infotrieve Australia database.
For option 3, whether the Infotrieve Australia database or another Infotrieve
specific database continues to be available through LADD is under investigation.
Infotrieve will also continue to provide document delivery on behalf of NRC-CISTI (National Research Council Canadian Institute of Scientific & Technical Information).
As usual, contact the Help Desk for enquiries about specific requests or access to Infotrieve. You can also contact Infotrieve customer service at email@example.com for further information.
Charges for Infotrieve requests consist of a standard transaction fee of US$10.00 and any applicable copyright fees, plus charges for special services such as Rush or Express (Panic). If the cost of a request exceeds a set limit (US$17.05 for Core), Infotrieve will send an Answer Conditional with a price limit exceeded note citing the actual price.
Pricing for LADD libraries:
- Core service – US $10 transaction fee + applicable copyright royalties
- Rush service surcharge – US $10
- Express (Panic) service surcharge – US $20
Documents over 50 pages incur an additional transaction fee for every 50 page increment. Existing price limits will apply to all orders. Should an order exceed the price limit, price approval will be requested prior to the order being supplied. Institutions wishing to increase their price limit may do so by contacting Infotrieve Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Infotrieve Service Levels:
- Rush Orders – Rush orders are given priority at every stage of Infotrieve’s operation. Infotrieve seeks to deliver Rush orders within 48 hours of receipt, not including weekends. There is a surcharge of US $10 per article for Rush service. Rush requests should be identified with Australian Service Level of Rush in LADD.
- Express (Panic) Orders – Infotrieve call Express orders Panic orders. Express orders are given priority at every stage of Infotrieve’s operation. Infotrieve seeks to deliver Express orders within 24 hours of receipt, not including weekends. There is a surcharge of US $20 per article for Express service. They should be identified in Libraries Australia Document Delivery with a Service Level of Express.
- PDF Delivery – LADD institutions may request that their account be set-up for PDF delivery of articles, via a link in an e-mail. PDF delivery enables members to receive colour, publisher-original PDFs, when available. In addition, orders supplied from Infotrieve-managed print collections, such as the NRC-CISTI Library, are scanned in colour when the original article contains colour. PDF Delivery can be requested by contacting Infotrieve Customer Service at email@example.com.
For new Infotrieve customers, if you would like to request items from Infotrieve via LADD and have not yet registered, please contact the Help Desk , indicating your
NUC, contact name, contact phone number and how you would like requests delivered to your library. Libraries Australia staff will send your details to Infotrieve and notify you when you can begin requesting.