Media preview of Handwritten at the National Library
24 November 2011
What: 100 rare original documents spanning 1000 years by Mozart, Michelangelo, Darwin, Beethoven, Dickens, Bach, Erasmus, Napoleon, Einstein and more in Handwritten: Ten Centuries of Manuscript Treasures from Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin.
Where: National Library of Australia, Canberra
When: 10 am, Friday 25 November, 2011
Who: Interviews will be available with:
- Director-General of the NLA, Ms Anne-Marie Schwirtlich
- Deputy Chief Minister of the ACT, Andrew Barr, MLA
- Curator of Manuscripts at Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin, Professor Eef Overgaauw
- Director of Exhibitions at the NLA, Nat Williams
- Senior Curator Robyn Holmes
- Curator Dr Susannah Helman
The National Library of Australia in Canberra is the exclusive Australian venue for this exhibition.
Handwritten will open to the public on Saturday 26 November, 2011, at 10am and will run for a strictly limited season, closing on 18 March 2012.
High-resolution images from the exhibition can be downloaded at http://www.nla.gov.au/media/handwritten/
Contact: Media Liaison Manager Sally Hopman 02 6262 1704; 0401 226 697; firstname.lastname@example.org