Copies from the National Library’s collection
Copies from the collections of other libraries
Borrowing from another Library - only available for onsite users at the National Library of Australia
Loansome Doc – Document Supply Service
Can I get copies from the National Library? Yes. If you wish to order a copy of a library item from us, you have several options:
- Copies Direct –
- Copies from our collections
- Copies from the collections of other libraries
- Borrowing from another Library - only available for onsite users at the National Library of Australia.
- Loansome Doc – copies from the US National Library of Medicine's PubMed.
Contact us for more information.
A fast, easy and inexpensive way to order copies of articles, chapters of books, photographs, pictures, maps, manuscripts, music, sound recordings from the National Library of Australia’s collections, as well as the collections of other libraries.
Please note: Copyright may restrict the amount of copying that can be done.
To place a request for copy of material either:
- Find your item in the National Library Catalogue and select the Order a copy tab, or;
- If you already have the citation details you can use the Describe Item and Add to Cart form to start from the beginning.
- Copies from the collections of other libraries. You can use Trove, WorldCat or any other library catalogue to confirm the details of the material you wish to obtain a copy of.
- From Describe Item and add to cart page choose the Order Form for Copies and Reproductions option specifying your material type.
- At the order details part of the order form select From another Library in the Average Delivery drop down menu.
Request copies directly from State and Territory Libraries
If the material you require is held in any of the following libraries, contact them directly for a faster turnaround time:
- Libraries ACT
- Northern Territory Library Service
- State Library of New South Wales
- State Library of Queensland
- State Library of South Australia
- State Library of Tasmania
- State Library of Victoria
- State Library of Western Australia
This service is only available to individuals who are able to visit the National Library in Canberra. The material must be used in the Main Reading Room at the Library.
- Use Trove, WorldCat or any other library catalogue to confirm the details of the material you wish to borrow
- If you are onsite at the National Library you can locate and order material directly through Libraries Australia via the Get this Item button
- From Describe Item and add to cart choose the Select Loan Form and complete the form.
Please note: We may not be able to borrow or copy some material due to preservation, copyright or other permission restrictions.
This is a service which allows you to order articles from the U.S. National Library of Medicine's PubMed website and the articles are delivered by the National Library of Australia.
You need to be a registered user to be able to access this service.
The Copies Direct Service is open 9.00am - 5.00pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time), Monday to Friday. Please contact our Document Supply Service with any enquiries.