The Copies Direct service is designed to assist you in ordering material directly from the National Library of Australia or from another library, copyright permitting.
To order from the National Library’s collections
- Search the National Library of Australia’s Catalogue for the material you require, select the record describing the material. Look for the Order a copy tab (middle of the page) and click on it. This will open a new screen, click on the blue Add to Cart button which will put your item in a cart, this is our Copies Direct order form. Complete and submit the order or Return to the Catalogue to add more items.
- Or access the Copies Direct order form directly from the Copies Direct Describe item page and enter as much information as possible. Complete and submit the order.
To order from another library’s collections
Access the Copies Direct order form from the Copies Direct Describe item page and select "Book", "Journal" or "Newspaper", fill out the details and at the Copy Details page in the Average delivery drop down menu, select From another library. Please note that a $13.50 surcharge is applied to the service.
- If the material is held in any of the following libraries, contact them directly for a faster turnaround time:
Northern Territory Library Service
State Library of New South Wales Document Supply Service
State Library of Queensland Document Supply Service
State Library of South Australia
State Library of Tasmania Inter-library loans
State Library of Victoria
State Library of Western Australia Journal Article Request Form
If you can visit the Library in Canberra you can use Copies Direct to place an order to borrow material from another library. The order form can be accessed from the Copies Direct Describe item page. Select the option Borrow From Another Library from the drop down menu next to Set Material Type, and fill in the details.
The material will be delivered to be used in the National Library of Australia’s Main Reading room. If your email address is provided with your order, an email notice will be sent to you when the material is available for you to use.
- If you are looking for copies of medical information, the Library participates in the Loansome Doc Service offered by the US National Library of Medicine. Please go to the page How to order medical information through Loansome Doc for more information.
Information required to supply your order
You will need to supply the following information to process your order quickly and accurately:
- Item details - Title and other details describing the material you require copied.
- Copy details – Format, Delivery method and other details from the options provided.
- Declaration of Use – Your intended use of the material.
- Your contact details - Your title, name, email address and postal address. This information will not be used for any other purpose. See privacy information.
- Payment details – Payment method and the details if Credit Card option is selected. This information will not be used for any other purpose. See privacy information.