The Newspapers and Microforms Reading Room (Lower ground floor) provides access to Newspaper and Microform Collections and to resources for researching family history. For reasons of preservation, access to microform copies is preferred to print unless absolutely necessary.
In the Newspapers and Microforms Reading Room visitors will also find:
- recent issues of Australian and international newspapers
- historical newspapers, journals, government records and manuscripts on microform
- family history resources including current and historical electoral rolls
- passes to the Controlled Access Stack for government papers
- eResources including full-text newspapers and family history databases
- microform reader/scanners
- computers with large screens and trackball mouse.
After hours access to the Newspaper and Microforms Collection may be possible through the Main Reading Room by prior arrangement.