The Library holds many printed company directories, annual reports and histories. This guide contains selected print works only.
Catalogue Search Tips
To search for works about an individual company, select the Browse subjects option and enter the company’s name. Examples of Browse subjects searches are:
For annual reports, select the Browse subjects option and enter the company’s name. Look for entries with the subheading Periodicals:
Industry-specific directories can be found using the Browse subjects option. Examples are:
Available on open access in the Main Reading Room unless otherwise specified. Some of these publications have changed title over the years and each new title has its own record in the catalogue. See the Former Title section of the catalogue record.
- Who’s Who in Business in Australia. 1992+
- Comprehensive directory of individuals and organisations from all sectors of Australian industry, including Government bodies. The latest issue is held in Reference. N 338.092294 WHO (also available online to onsite users).
- Kompass. Australia. 1970-2009
- Lists products and services and cross-references them to their supplying companies. There is also reference to affiliated overseas companies. (request through the catalogue)
- Jobson’s Year Book of Public Companies. 1928-2000.
- For historic information about companies in Australia. (request through the catalogue).
- Huntley’s Shareholder. 1996-2007
- One-page profile of the top 500 Australian public companies, including financial details. See the former title, Australian public companies guide, for earlier dates (request through the catalogue).
- Who Owns Whom: Australasia, Asia, Middle East & Africa. 1971+
- Directory of subsidiary and associate companies, showing how they relate to parent groups. The latest issue is held in Reference. S 338.80994 WHO.
- Major Companies of the Far East and Australasia. 1990+
- Authoritative directory covering major companies and including the contact names of senior executives. Entries include company details, description of business activities, financial information for the last two years and principal shareholders. The latest issue is held in Reference. Sq 338.74095 MAJ.
- Mergent International Manual. 1981+
- Collection of information on thousands of non-U.S. companies in 97 countries, including a section on Australian companies. The latest issue is held in Reference. Sq 338.8805 MOO.
- International Directory of Company Histories. 1988+
- Includes the histories of major Australian companies. The latest issue is held in Reference. Sq 338.7409 INT