The Library has the largest collection of Australian and overseas newspapers in print, microform and electronic formats.
The Library collects:
- Australian newspapers—capital city dailies, major regional city newspapers, a range of other country town newspapers, newspapers published by ethnic groups and political organisations, and newspapers representing special interests.
- Digitised Australian newspapers including the first newspaper published in Australia, the Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser, are freely available through Trove
- Newspapers can be found in the Library's Catalogue.
The National, State and Territory libraries provide 24/7 online access to many newspapers through their eResources for registered users. For example, you may get free access to:
- local and international newspapers
- full-text articles and journal databases
- health, genealogy and business information
and much more...
Select your closest library to register and browse their available eResources