The National Library of Australia guide to Pacific Collections is a general guide to locating Pacific-related materials in the National Library and elsewhere.
The Library's catalogue can be searched to locate other materials on the Pacific Island Region. Select Browse Subjects and use terms such as Pacific, Pacific Islands, or the names of specific islands, regions or countries.
These are general sites for researching the Pacific Ocean region on the Internet and provide a starting place for researchers in this field. They provide a diverse range of information on on the Pacific region as well as providing links to other useful sites.
- Pacific Studies WWW Virtual Library A global collaboration project which provides access to networked scholarly documents, resources and information systems relevant to Pacific Studies.
- Te Puna Web Directory A directory to New Zealand and Pacific Island web sites from the National Library of New Zealand.
- PacLII (Pacific Islands Legal Information Institute) An initiative of the University of the South Pacific School of Law to promote access to Pacific law.
- PRISM (Pacific Regional Information System) Socio-economic database for the Pacific Region.
- CIA World Factbook US government profiles of countries and territories around the world. Select individual countries, or "Pacific Ocean."
These sites provide access to Pacific research in Australian universities.
- CAPSTRANS (Centre for Asia Pacific Social Transformation Studies) - University of Wollongong and the University of Newcastle.
- Research School of Asia & the Pacific - Australian National University College of Asia and the Pacific.
- ANU Pacific Institute - a cross-campus ANU forum for discussion and promotion of new initiatives in teaching, research and outreach relating to the Pacific region and its peoples. Includes Outrigger blog
- Pacific Economic Cooperation Council PECC is a partnership of senior individuals from business and industry, government, academic and other intellectual circles.
- Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat represents Heads of Government of all the independent and self-governing Pacific Island countries, Australia and New Zealand. Since 1971 it has provided member nations, currently numbering 16, with the opportunity to express their joint political views and to cooperate in areas of political and economic concern.
- LAP: Libraries of Asia Pacific Directory A directory of libraries and archives in the Pacific Islands.
- National Library of New Zealand collects and maintains literature and information resources that relate to New Zealand and the Pacific. Links to the Alexander Turnbull library.
- Pacific Manuscripts Bureau (Pambu) copies archives, manuscripts and rare printed material relating to the Pacific Islands. Site includes information such as: materials sought and copied, catalogues and publications, current projects and recent releases of microfilms.
- University of the South Pacific is the premier provider of tertiary education in the Pacific region and an international centre of excellence for teaching, research consulting and training on all aspects of Pacific culture, environment and human resource development needs.
- Asia-Pacific Network Pacific news media and current affairs website and links, including to the Pacific Islands Report and Pacific Media Watch.
- ABC's Asia Pacific Opinions and up-to-date news, including coverage of major events in corporate and financial circles; includes real-audio archive of radio programs.