Australian - Current
Are you in the Library now?
If you are in the Library building, you can access current Australian Standards.
Note: The Library building symbol means that you can only access the resource onsite, at the Library.
2. Follow the link in the catalogue record or eResources' entry to gain access to the site.
How do you search SAI Global On-line Public Library?
1. For a quick search, enter one of the following search terms in the search box:
- Standard number (You don't need to type in the AS or AS/NZS prefix)
- Keyword (You can search for any word in the title, abstract or text of the standard)
2. The "Australian" radio button is selected as default. This limits your search to Australian Standards only.
Tip: The SAI Global On-line Public Library offers other search options for more complex searches and online help pages.
Finding an Australian Standard by keyword
How do I find design rules and related regulations for the installation of a public lift (elevator) in a new building construction?
To find the current standard (design rules):
2. Type the keyword 'lifts' in the SAI Global Online Public Library search box.
3. Get a list of search results and select the standard that is relevant to your needs. For example:
- AS 1735.1-2003: Lifts, escalators and moving walks
- AS 1735.1-2003/Amdt 1-2006: Lifts, escalators and moving walks
4. Select a standard title to find more detailed information about it, or view and print the standard, if required.
If you cannot visit the Library in person to access this database, you can purchase a copy of the standard online from the SAI Global Infostore
To find regulations:
1. First visit the Australian Building Codes Board website to get information on mandatory requirements. The building authority of each state has responsibility for mandatory requirements relating to the building industry.
2. Consult the relevant peak body for the industry, such as the Australian Elevator Association, for information about guidelines and compliance with recognised standards.