These resources must be requested through the catalogue unless otherwise specified.
Information About the United Nations and Its Institutions
- Encyclopedia of the United Nations and International Agreements. 2003.
- Comprehensive information on the United Nations and other agencies in the UN system.
- A Concise Encyclopedia of the United Nations. 2002.
- Concise academic research and political analysis covering the organisation, its complex goals in the post-cold war era and its role in the new millennium.
- Yearbook of the United Nations. 1946+
- Provides comprehensive coverage of the current activities of the United Nations and its related organisations. The latest issue is held in Reference. S 341.13 YEA
- Annual Review of United Nations Affairs. 1949+
- Highlights the outstanding themes of the United Nations year in the General Assembly and the Security Council. The latest issue is held in Reference. RF 341.23 ANN
- United Nations Handbook. 1967+
- Ready reference guide to delegates, diplomats and foreign ministry officials concerned with United Nations matters. This publication has changed title over the years and each new title has its own record on the catalogue. See the Former Title section of the catalogue record. The latest issue is held in Reference. S 341.23 UNI
- Great Debates at the United Nations: An Encyclopedia of Fifty Key Issues 1945-2000. 2001.
- Summarises and explains fifty United Nations debates in chronological order. RF 341.23 G671 (Main Reading Room Reference Collection)
- Historical Dictionary of the United Nations. 1995.
- Includes concise but informative entries on dozens of bodies in the United Nations family, as well as many topics and issues that the United Nations has dealt with.
- United Nations Documentation Research Guide from the Dag Hammarskjöld Library