A newspaper which has not been microfilmed may be considered to be ‘at risk’ if the hardcopy:
- is not held within an ANPlan library
- is in poor condition at risk of losing information; and
- is a unique set or all other sets are in the same condition;
- is heavily used; or
- is inadequately stored.
If the newspaper title has been microfilmed and the microfilm:
- is incomplete,
- is of poor quality,
- is subject to deterioration – e.g. on acetate,
- does not exist on 3 generations,
- master is not stored optimally – e.g. is not held by an ANPlan library,
the newspaper may also be considered to be ‘at risk’.