- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
You may request an appointment of up to one hour with a librarian or curator if you require personalised professional guidance about
- resources in the Library’s collection that are relevant to your research, or
- research strategies and methodologies suitable for your specific research.
The Book a Librarian appointment may be requested
- by phoning our Ask a Librarian number (02) 6262 1266
- in our reading rooms.
After your initial contact, an experienced librarian or curator will:
- contact you within a week to clarify your requirements and to set up a time for the consultation
- give you the choice of a telephone consultation or a consultation in the Library
- spend up to one hour preparing for the consultation
- spend up to an hour with you in consultation.
Before you request an appointment, please note
- the Book a Librarian service is primarily for registered readers (who have a Library card)
- non-registered readers may request an appointment if intending to use our unique collections
- students will generally be referred to their educational institutions
The following assistance is outside the scope of the Book a Librarian service: