- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Each year, a three day intensive preservation and collection management training workshop is held in Canberra for first time Community Heritage Grant (CHG) grant recipients. Presentations from CHG partner organisations (National Library of Australia, National Archives of Australia, National Museum of Australia and National Film and Sound Archive) and other presenters at the workshop are included as links in this section for all attendees and other CHG grant recipients to access.
CHG Preservation and Collection Management Training Workshops, 25-27 October 2016
Tuesday 25 October 2016 presentations
All presentation slides hosted on Slideshare.
- Tania Cleary (Tania Cleary Museum Services) Assessing the significance of cultural heritage - the significance assessment process
- Tamara Lavrencic (Museums and Galleries NSW) Preservation Assessment
- Judy Evans (Peterborough HistoryGroup SA) CHG Recipient Case Study
- Veronica Bullock (Significance International) Significance Assessment and Significance 2.0 : an introduction
- Kim Morris (Director, Art and Archival Pty Ltd) Disaster Preparedness
Wednesday 26 October 2016 workshop sessions
National Archives of Australia
The NAA was unable to participate in the 2016 Workshops due to their relocation to a new purpose built facility. It is anticipated they will be able to assist with the Workshops again next year.
National Film and Sound Archive
- Mick Newnham, (Manager, Conservation, Preparation and Research) Care and handling of video/audio and film collections .
National Museum of Australia
- Vicki Humphrey, (Head of Conservation) A Brief introduction to managing risks to the collections.
- Prue Castles, (Senior Objects Conservator) and Michelle Newton-Edwards, (Textiles Conservator) Preventive conservation in action
- Lisa McConnell, (Collections Documentation Registrar) Documenting the collection.
- Tour of the Repository.
National Library of Australia
- David Blanken (Technical Officer, Sound Preservation & Technical Services, NLA) Sound Preservation.
- Cathie Oats (Director, Trove, NLA) TROVE: Sharing collections with Australia and the world
- Denyl Cloughley (Assistant Director, Preservation Services, NLA) Tour of the NLA Preservation Laboratory
- Daniel Wilksch (Coordinator Digital Projects, Public Record Office Victoria) Just digitise it
- Eleanor Goodwin (Pictures Collection Management Projects Officer, NLA) Negotiating rights before you digitise.
- Tour of the Digitisation and Photography studios.
Thursday 27 October 2016 presentations
- Sally Hopman (Media Liaison Manager, NLA) and Jessica Drake (Online Content Manager, NLA) Publicity and media: basic media skills
- Fran D'Castro (CHG Coordinator, NLA) Completing your CHG project