- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Holdings by Type (as at end of 2018-19)
|Manuscripts (shelf space in metres)||17,950|
(including microforms, e-books & ephemera)
|Serials (including newspapers) 1
|Oral History recordings||24,403|
|Digitised collection items 2||406,055|
1. Figures reflect number of titles rather than number of issues.
2. See Digitisation of Library Collections for further information.
Number of records in the Library's Online Catalogue
As at the end of 2018-19, 94.1% of the collection is catalogued and searchable through the online catalogue.
|Monographs (including microforms, e-books & kits)||4,532,617|
|Maps (including aerial photographs)||126,768|
Note: There is no direct correlation between the Holdings and the Number of records in the catalogue as in some instances one catalogue record covers multiple collection items while in other instances several catalogue records describe multiple parts of a single item.