- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Please note that the National Library of Australia no longer provides publishers with a CiP entry to print in their publications. See Changes to the CiP service for more information on how we have modernised this service.
The Prepublication Data Service (formerly Cataloguing in Publication) is a free service offered by the National Library of Australia.
This service is for Australian publishers and self-publishing authors who want the details of their upcoming publications made available to Australian libraries, library suppliers, and other members of the book industry for acquisition purposes.
The user guide contains useful information about the Prepublication Data Service and the application process.
Or you can check our FAQs for commonly asked questions.
- Enquire about an existing Prepublication Data Service application, including amendments and cancellations
- Make a general enquiry about the Prepublication Data Service
02 6262 1458
10am (AEST) to 4pm (AEST), Monday to Friday. We are closed on public holidays.