- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
This resource has been developed with specific reference to the four History content descriptions for Year 4 students in the Australian Curriculum: Humanities and Social Sciences.
- The diversity of Australia's first peoples and the long and continuous connection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to Country/ Place (land, sea, waterways and skies) (ACHASSK083)
- The journey(s) of AT LEAST ONE world navigator, explorer or trader up to the late eighteenth century, including their contacts with other societies and any impacts (ACHASSK084)
- Stories of the First Fleet, including reasons for the journey, who travelled to Australia, and their experiences following arrival (ACHASSK085)
- The nature of contact between Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders Peoples and others, for example, the Macassans and the Europeans, and the effects of these interactions on, for example families and the environment (ACHASSK086)
The resource also has relevance to the Geography, and Civics and Citizenship strands, the English learning area and to the General Capabilities of Literacy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Intercultural Understanding, and Personal and Social Capability.