- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
This module is aligned to the Year 7-8 and 9-10 Health and Physical Education portion of the Australian Curriculum.
Participate in and investigate cultural and historical significance of a range of physical activities (ACPMP085)
- examining how sport, physical activity and outdoor recreation pursuits have changed over the last century as a result of different cultural groups migrating to Australia
Examine the role physical activity, outdoor recreation and sport play in the lives of Australians and investigate how this has changed over time (ACPMP104)
- investigating the varied perspectives held by Australians on sport and examining how this diversity is represented in the sports we play today
- exploring the impact of media messages associated with physical activity, outdoor recreation and sport in Australia
- analysing the significant contributions Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people make, and have made, to sport in Australia
The resource also has relevance to the Geography and Civics and Citizenship strands, the English learning area and to the General Capabilities of Literacy, Critical and Creative Thinking, Intercultural Understanding and Personal and Social Capability.