- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
These activities are a reflective tool to encourage an understanding of what it means to participate in Australian democracy as an Australian citizen, and the freedoms and rights we have regarding political participation.
Make a Request
Ask students to write a mock petition for delivery to you—their teacher—or the school principal. They should outline an issue in the classroom or at the school that they feel strongly about and want action on. They should articulate clearly why this issue is a problem, why it needs to be solved, and what may happen if it is not dealt with in a timely matter. Keep it civil and democratic!
Earning Your Democracy Sausage
Have a class discussion about the following questions:
- How can individual citizens influence Australia’s democracy?
- What do you think are your roles and responsibilities in Australia’s democracy?