Unfortunately the Library is unable to undertake searches for missing persons.
However, we have compiled the following sources that may help you with your search:
- White Pages: the online Australian telephone directory.
- Salvation Army of Australia: the Salvation Army provides services to find missing relatives. You could try contacting them and filling in the form on the web site.
- Australian Red Cross: the Australian Red Cross provides a free tracing service to help with finding relatives missing through wars, internal conflict or natural disaster.
- Link-Up Services: Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Studies Family History Unit.
- National Missing Persons Coordination Centre: funded by the Australian Government through the Australian Federal Police. The NMPCC's mission is to coordinate and promote a national integrated approach to reduce the incidence and impact of missing persons.
- Australian Electoral Rolls: an Australia wide electronic version of the electoral roll is available for viewing at AEC Offices. There is no freely available online electronic version of the electoral roll. See also the Library's research guide Australian electoral rolls.
Some police sites have a missing person section:
Other sites include:
- Oz Reunion - Lost contacts, missing persons and school friends.