Michael Terry (1899-1981) Track nearing Myall Creek, New South Wales 1921, nla.obj-149017540
There are a number of websites which give a brief overview of the Myall Creek Massacre include:
- The Department of Environment Myall Creek Massacre and Memorial site.
- Myall Creek Massacre from the Colin Isaacs Aboriginal Artist website.
- The Wikipedia article on the Myall Creek massacre is useful but may contain some inaccuracies.
Primary resources, especially government and legal records, are held predominantly by State Records NSW.
Edited records of the legal cases relating to Myall Creek can be found on the Decisions of the Superior Courts of New South Wales, 1788-1899 website published by the Division of Law, Macquarie University. For most of the nineteenth century, law reporting consisted mostly of newspaper reports. The legal cases relating to Myall Creek were R. v. Kilmeister (No. 1) and R. v. Kilmeister (No. 2).
Some print items held in the Library's collection include:
- Waterloo Creek: the Australia Day massacre of 1838, George Gipps and the British conquest of New South Wales Chapter 10 – The Massacre at Myall Creek.
- Massacre: Myall Creek revisited.
- Massacre at Myall Creek: the true story of the murders and their aftermath that changed the face of Australian society.
- Papers on the Myall Creek Massacre 1964-1979 (manuscript).
If you are unable to visit the Library, Trove can help you find and get items at libraries near you. The National Library can provide copies of certain materials. For more information go to our Copies Direct service.