- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Rules of Association
The Friends of the National Library of Australia Inc. (Friends) are governed by the Friends Rules of Association (PDF, 209KB), the Associations Incorporation Act 1991 (ACT) and associated regulations. Members are also expected to comply with the Members Code of Conduct.
Annual General Meetings (AGM)
The Annual General Meeting of the Friends of the National Library of Australia must be held by 30 November each year. This meeting includes:
- Reports from the Chair and Treasurer
- Presentation of the audited statements for the previous financial year
- The election of the following year’s Committee. (Note: Nominations for the Committee are called for through the Friends newsletter and must be received at least one month in advance of the AGM.)
- Announcement of the recipient of the Friends Medal, the Friends Travelling Fellowship and the Friends Creative Arts Fellowship.
The 2019 AGM will be held on Thursday 21 November 2019
The 2018 AGM was held on Thursday 22 November 2018.
The 2017 AGM was held on Thursday 23 November 2017.
The 2016 AGM was held on Monday 14 November 2016.
Special General Meetings
Special General Meetings of the Friends of the National Library are held from time to time as necessary. Notice of Special General Meetings will be given to members no later than 14 days in advance of the appointed General Meeting.
Audited financial statements
Audited financial statements 2016-2017 (PDF, 283KB)
Audited financial statements 2015-2016 (PDF, 968KB)
Audited financial statements 2014-2015 (PDF, 255KB)
Audited financial statements 2013-2014 (PDF, 582KB)