Due to major building activity, some collections are unavailable. Please check your requests before visiting. Learn more.
Established in 1990, the Kenneth Myer Lecture invites an eminent Australian to make a significant statement on a broad subject of interest to them.
The Lecture is named for Kenneth Baillieu Myer AC who was Chairman of the National Library Council from 1972 to 1982 and a long-time friend of the Library.
Kenneth Myer lectures
Professor Peter Greste, 2019
- Press Freedom in Australia and Why it is in Crisis (transcript)
- Press Freedom in Australia and Why it is in Crisis (audio)
Laura Tingle, 2018
Anne Summers AO, 2017
- 20/20 Vision: Where is Australia Headed? (transcript)
- 20/20 Vision: Where is Australia Headed? (audio)
Kim Williams AM, 2016
Professor Mick Dodson AM, 2015
Professor Brian Schmidt, 2014
- Science and Society: Exploring the Role of Research in Australian Lives (transcript)
- Science and Society: Exploring the Role of Research in Australian Lives (audio)
Professor Julian Disney, 2013
Kerry O'Brien, 2012
Hugh Mackay, 2011
Maggie Beer, 2010
Professor Ian Frazer, 2009
- Personalised medicine and social responsibility: a prescription for health in the 21st century? (audio)