The Record Export Service (RES) allows members to download MARC records from the ANBD so they can import them into their own system. Records can be selected for downloaded when you add, edit or delete holdings via the Cataloguing Client or Web Cataloguing form or when you click on the in LA Search. The MARC records are then collected from the Administration system.
Libraries pay an annual fee to subscribe to Libraries Australia and this includes access to RES. For further details on Libraries Australia charges, see our fees & charges page.
Prior to using RES, you need to:
- Ensure you have Customer Administrator access on your account.
- Successfully load a test file of records to your local system (see section 2 of the Administration Manual for detailed instructions on how to do this).
Once you have complete the above 2 steps and wish to start using RES complete these steps:
- Login to LA Admin. with your Customer Administrator login.
- Click on the “Export” tab. The “About” screen will display, providing some detail about the Record Export Service.
- Click on the “Register” button to display the Record Export Service registration form. Note: If you have any difficulty with the terms on the form please use the “Help” link located in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Fill out your “Record Export Service Requirements”. This information refers to the details of how your files will be created.
Please contact the Help Desk if you have any questions or problems with this.
Selecting records for download
Records can be selected for download by:
- Adding, modifying or deleting a holding when using the Web Cataloguing form.
- Adding, modifying or deleting a holding or when you click on the when using the holdings update screen.
- Adding, modifying or deleting a holding when using the Cataloguing Client.
- Selecting the in LA Search.
Records in RES files are in modified output format, which is described in our MARC output table.