- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Handwritten exhibition now open
7 November 2011
Unique documents from history's greats are now on show in Handwritten: Ten Centuries of Manuscript Treasures from Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin, a blockbuster exhibition in the National Library's new Exhibition Gallery.
The National Library of Australia is the exclusive Australian venue for this exhibition featuring 100 unique manuscripts from Germany's largest library which celebrates its 350th anniversary this year.
The exhibition spans more than 1000 years and includes a rare handwritten document by Michelangelo, Mozart's original Marriage of Figaro manuscript and a battlefield letter from Napoleon to mention just a few.
The exhibition runs for a strictly limited season until 18 March, 2012.
Book your free tickets online
- Handwritten Exhibition page - View exhibition details
- Handwritten blog - Find out how the exhibition came to be, curatorial favourites and more
- Handwritten: Ten Centuries of Manuscript Treasures from Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Buy a copy of the souvenir book and take this once-in-a-lifetime exhibition home with you