The Library offers learning sessions to assist people in using the Library's collections for research, work and study.
About our Learning Program
Our sessions cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- getting started at the Library
- using microform readers
- searching the web effectively
- using online newspapers
- using Trove, both basics for beginners and advanced research techniques
We also offer a range of sessions related to family history research, which include:
- searching passenger lists
- researching military ancestors
- finding the felon in your family
- using Findmypast and Ancestry.com
- using Trove for family history
To view what Learning sessions we have available, visit our What's On Calendar. Our programs are also advertised in The Canberra Times Saturday Panorama.
Suggest a topic
If you would like to suggest a topic for our Learning Program please submit an enquiry through Ask a Librarian.