- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Discover the legal journal from our Banjo Paterson collection that gave Assistant-Curator of Manuscripts, Bronwyn Ryan, quite a surprise!
Before being known as a writer, Banjo Paterson worked as a lawyer in Sydney for many years. No amount of focus on a legal career could keep Paterson from putting pen to paper in more creative ways though.
The National Library of Australia is proud to be the custodian of the papers of A.B. ‘Banjo’ Paterson (1864-1941).
Collection material featured in this video:
- Portrait of A.B. Paterson, c.1890, nla.cat-vn2238637
- Legal Diary, 1892, in Papers of Andrew Barton ‘Banjo’ Paterson, 1807-1950, nla.cat-vn8047102
Support the National Library of Australia to preserve and digitise this newly acquired collection of papers so that Australians, now and in the future, can explore and appreciate his life and work. Give to the 2020 Appeal.