- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
Started over 70 years ago, the Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme was an incredibly large project that took several decades to complete. With electric lights showing the lakes and power stations, the National Library holds a silver-plated relief model of the scheme. This model was commissioned for the start of construction and presented by the Commonwealth Government to His Excellency the Right Honourable W.J. McKell on the 17th October 1949.
Watch as Library Curator, Susannah Helman, discusses this model currently on display in the Library’s Treasures Gallery.
The model mentioned in this digital tour is:
- Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Authority, Model of Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Development, 1949, nla.cat-vn200120