- What we collect
- Preserving our collections
- Building our collections
- Selected Library collections
- Collection statistics
- History of the collection
- Processing and describing our collections
The Library welcomes offers of published and original material to enhance our historical and research collections.
We are interested in a wide range of research materials in all formats, including:
- unpublished personal and organisational records
- books and pamphlets
- magazines and newspapers
- photographs and artworks
- digital publications
- sheet music, unpublished sound and folklore recordings and oral history interviews
- ephemeral material such as advertising posters and theatre programs
If you have material which you think may be of interest to the Library, we will be happy to advise you about the best and most appropriate home for it.
Please contact us prior to sending or delivering any material offered for consideration.
For offers of published material, including electronic publications please contact the Curatorial selection team.
For offers of unpublished original material such as artworks, photographs, maps, oral history recordings, letters, digital files or other archival records please send use our online form.
Cultural Gifts Program and tax incentives
Some donations of culturally significant items are eligible as a tax deduction for the market value of the gift under the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program.
Read our Donation FAQs for lots of helpful information about the Library’s collecting scope, the donation process and how donations are used by the Library.