Main Reading Room opening hours
|Monday to Thursday||10 am to 8 pm|
|Friday and Saturday*||10 am to 5 pm|
|Sunday*||1:30 pm to 5 pm|
* No collection deliveries on Saturday or Sunday
Getting to the Library
The National Library is located on Parkes Place, in Canberra's Parliamentary triangle.
- For children and families
- For teachers and students
- Planning your school visit
- School materials and resources
- School programs and guided tours
- Treasure Explorer
Exhibitions and tours
bookplate and paperplate cafes
Our bookplate cafe is situated in the Library's marble foyer, surrounded by the famous Leonard French stained glass windows.
Open daily 10am - 5pm
Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day
Phone: +61 (0)2 6262 1424
Facilities at the National Library available for hire include the theatre, conference room, foyer and staff training rooms.
Facilities for visitors
The library provides a number of services when you visit us. Read about what we have to offer.