Contact the following for conservation and preservation advice.
- Australian War Memorial - find information in their Conservation Section.
- National Archives of Australia - get advice on Records management, Digitisation and copying, and check Publications for a wealth of archive information.
- National Film and Sound Archive - find out about the latest audiovisual preservation techniques in the Preservation Section.
- National Gallery of Australia - get advice from the Conservation Department.
- National Library of Australia - browse the Digitisation Guidelines , the Library Preservation Glossary and access online collections, archives and directories.
- National Museum of Australia - find out about exhibitions, research, education, collections and materials conservation.
- Digital NZ's one-stop shop for questions about creating digital content in New Zealand. Here you can ask questions about creating digital content and learn about digitisation good practice from the Make it Digital Guides.
Most major state and territory museums, art galleries, archives, and state libraries also offer conservation and preservation advice.
Organisations can make their own collections easier to find by sharing them through Trove. Trove helps you find resources about Australia and by Australians by collecting information from many organisations around the world. Find out how you can become a content partner with Trove.
- Australian Institute for Conservation of Cultural Materials (AICCM) - look for a conservator. Find information on disaster planning. Identify damage and deterioration using the Visual Glossary.
- Australian Council of Professional Historians Associations Inc (ACPHA) - look for a Significance Assessor in the Consultants Register.
- Australian Society of Archivists
- Museums Australia - browse the resources.
- Significance International - browse resources about Significance.
- Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation: Conservation Services offers conservation training through academic programs and can provide conservation services and advice for individuals or organisations.
The following suppliers provide a range of archival products. The National Library of Australia does not endorse them or accept responsibility for the quality of their products.
- Air And Aqua Tech, 1300 002 228
- Albox Australia, Kent Town, SA
- Archival Survival, Hawthorn, Victoria
- Conservation Resources, Preston, Victoria
- Endangered Textiles, Canberra, ACT
- Munters, Northmead, NSW
- Preservation Australia, Enmore, NSW
- Zetta Florence, Fitzroy, Victoria
- Grants, Australia Council for the Arts.
- Nonprofit/community sector grants, Philanthropy Australia.
- Veteran & Community Grants, Australian Government Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Grants - Helping You Preserve Our Heritage, Australian National Maritime Museum.
- Funding & Support Opportunities, Ministry for the Arts, Attorney General's Department
- Guide to Community Grants, Department of the Parliamentary Library.
New South Wales:
- Arts Grants, Regional Arts NSW
- Museum and Galleries Grants, Museums & Galleries NSW
- Cultural Grants, Arts NSW
- Heritage and Cultural Grants ,Royal Australian Historical Society
- Funding Opportunities, Museum & Gallery Services Queensland Ltd
- Grant Programs: Funding and Support for Heritage Conservation, Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure
- Grants, Public Record Office Victoria.
- Grants, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, South Australia
- South Australian History Fund, Community History Unit, History Trust of South Australia.
- History Grants, Northern Territory Archives Service
- Grants, Heritage Tasmania